Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Halloween Tale of Rezzy Leon

Okay, so for the past few days of this month, I've been writing my "Halloween" story about a character, named, Rezzy Leon, a person who has a lot of problems, and in no way does he symbolizes me. It'll be the most confusing piece of literature you've ever read, as I doubt there's anything scary about this story. Enjoy, and happy Halloween!
 
The Halloween Tale of Rezzy Leon
by Anthony Romero

Chapter One: "Back to the Q Store"
    On a cold, breezy night, Rezzy Leon was walking home from somewhere... Like it really mattered where he was walking from anyways. It's not like he got laid or something, 'cause he didn't. Okay, fine, I'll tell you. He was walking home from the store to buy some Cheetos, alright? And you know what? They were sold out. Now Rezzy's walking home empty-handed all because the stupid stocker forgot to stock up some more Cheetos. But I digress...

    Anyways, Rezzy was walking in about 50-degree weather, with ominous clouds in the dark sky. The date was October 30th, because October 31st would be too cliche. Depressed without his Cheetos, Rezzy walked with his head held down, listening to his Radiohead cassette of The Bends. He then notices that his shoe is untied. He kneels down to tie it. He gets back up. He continues to walk and then puts his head down and then notices something else... Both of his shoes are untied now. Previously, he tied the left shoe and had forgot to also tie his right shoe, but he didn't realize it because only his left shoe was untied at the moment. So now Rezzy kneels down again and ties both of his shoes. He gets back up again and continues walking. His head is now down again. Now his shoelaces are gone!

    Now Rezzy is in a panic! He doesn't know where his shoelaces went! Now he is on a mission to look for it. He decides to go back to the store to purchase some new ones, but doesn't feel like walking. He decides to hitchhike. Rezzy then stretches out his right arm and makes a fist with his right hand. Now he lifts up his right thumb, giving the people driving by a sign that he wants a ride. Then, a red Toyota Prius slowly stops to the side of the road upon Rezzy Leon's request. Rezzy then walks up to the right side of the car, and opens the door to sit at the passenger's seat. He opens the door slowly, wary of the driver. The door screeches and the sound irritates Rezzy, giving him the serious case of the goosebumps, equivalent to the sound of nails scratching against a chalkboard. "This door needs some WD-40," Rezzy thought. Then, he finally takes a seat and closes the door, applying on the seatbelt.

    The driver himself looked very intimidating, immediately putting Rezzy Leon in an uncomfortable state. The driver turned to look away from the road, and stares heavily and deeply into Rezzy's hazel brown eyes and asks in a squeaky high pitched innocent voice "Where do you need me to drive you, young gentleman?" Rezzy then responds in a shaky voice "I need a ride to the store.... I.... I, uh... just need to pick something up.
"Which store? There's literally, like, only a few stores that exists around here!"
"Um.... I just need to go to the Q Store."
"The Q Store?! You have got to be kidding me! Only the poor people shop there!"
Rezzy felt even more pressured by the driver, seeing how the driver opposes the idea of driving Rezzy to the Q Store.
"Just shut up and drive me there, please!" Rezzy ordered.
"Fine," the driver responded in a manner to where he didn't care anymore.

    When Rezzy was dropped off, he tipped the driver a quarter. He then walked into the Q Store, and walked to section number 42, labeled "Footwear and Footwear Accessories". He then grabbed the only pair of shoelaces left on the shelf and makes his way to the checkout line. Of all the 101 checkout lines, only one was open...

Chapter Two: "Rezzy Leon and the Cashier"
    Standing there, alone, with the shoelaces in his hand, Rezzy is hesitant on the fact that he must go to the only checkout line open. "NEXT PLEASE!", the cashier demanded. "Um... hello," Rezzy Leon mumbles to the cashier. "Hello, sir, have you found everything you needed on this fine night?", the cashier asks in a very relaxed voice.
"Um... yes, I have. And this night isn't fine for me."
"Why not?"
"Long story..."
"I'm sorry to hear. That'll be $2.13, by the way."
Rezzy then reaches in his pocket and pulls out two one-dollar bills, a dime, and two pennies, one penny short of paying the full price.
"Erm...", he says. "I'm a penny short."
"Sounds like a personal problem, sir," the cashier said carelessly.
"bitch," Rezzy mumbles.
"What was that?"
"Oh noth..."
*BOOM!*
A loud bang went off abruptly, causing the Q Store to go in a blackout. Everyone in the store started to be in a panic, wondering what happened. Rezzy overheard one person, asking if there was a blackout because the store was sold out of Halloween costumes. "Well, isn't this just perfect?," Rezzy says satirically.

    "I still need that penny, sir," the cashier calmly demands. "I still need you to hold on a minute, um..." Rezzy then tries to look at the cashier's name tag, but cannot be able to do such, thanks to the pitch blackness in the store. "...yeah...," Rezzy utters, finishing his sentence.
"I'll need that penny sooner or later."
"Bitch, listen! The power went out, and I'm a penny short! Please! Calm your tits, PLEASE!"
"So what the power went out? I'm just trying to do my job."
"Oh yeah, so getting paid eight dollars an hour. That's a job."
"If I'm getting paid, it's a job."
"Whatever."
Rezzy then turns around and yells out in the midst of everyone's panic, "DOES ANYONE HAVE A PENNY I CAN USE?"
"SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND WAIT UNTIL THE POWER COMES BACK ON!", one voice randomly yells in response. "Unbelievable!", Rezzy pouts.

    To his misfortune, Rezzy just took back the cash he handed the cashier and walked out of the store empty-handed and sat on the concrete ground with his back up against the store wall. "It's too cold to sit out here," he says. He then decided to go back into the store, despite the fact that there's no power in there and there are people freaking out about it. Right when he walked in, someone had closed the door with a loud *CLUNK*, followed by the noise of chains, locking the doors. "WHY DID I JUST WALKED BACK IN HERE?!", Rezzy yelled. "Hey! I recognize that annoying voice!", the cashier says. "Sir, have you found a penny yet?"

Chapter 3: "A Stick Up the Sole"
    It was clear that Rezzy Leon was in a sticky situation right here. Being locked inside a store that just had the power being knocked out and being a penny short of purchasing shoelaces is a situation that not even I would put myself in. But I guess he walked right into that one... All Rezzy could do was just sit in the blackness and listen to everyone panic, wondering why the doors would be chained shut, and most importantly, who would do such.

    "THIS IS A STICK UP!", one voice abruptly yells. This made Rezzy jump, being startled from the shout of one guy.
"YEAH!", another voice shouts.
"NO! You shut up Trent!", the guy who ordered a stick-up responded.
"What? I was just backing ya up. You know, that's what bros are for, right?", Trent says.
"Just shut up and start grabbing wallets!" the guy demanded. After that, Rezzy heard the sound of him handing Trent a flashlight, as he heard the click followed by a glare of light shining off the walls.
"Alright, guys, listen up!" the guy shouted. "I'm going to come around here, and I understand it's dark, but please give me your wallets by placing them in the garbage bag I have here in my hand. It's a white bag so it could be made seen easily. AND IT'S HEAVY DUTY, THANKS TO ME GETTING GLAD!"
"You dumbass," Trent said, slapping the guy in the back of the head, "You're not supposed to be understanding with your victims, NOR DO YOU SAY PLEASE!"
"I... I'm sorry Trent," he said apologetically.
Trent then sighed, and took the bag away from him and started to wander around the store, collecting the wallets of those who weren't panicking.

    While Trent was walking around doing his job, his partner in crime yelled out "AND WE'RE NOT BUSTING THE LOCKS ON THIS DOOR UNTIL WE GET EVERYONE'S WALLET!" Rezzy doesn't have a wallet. "I don't have a wallet," Rezzy said to himself. See? I told you he doesn't have a wallet. "Looks like I'm not coming home tonight," Rezzy said in sadness. By the time Trent came to Rezzy Leon with the bag, he had forgotten all about the penny situation. "In the bag," Trent bossed Rezzy. "I'm sorry," he responded. "Me no have el walleto."
"What?", Trent said out of confusion.
"I SAID ME NO HAVE EL WALLETO!"
"Look, quit acting retarded and give me your wallet already."
"Listen, you bastard, how many other languages do I have to tell you that I don't have a wallet?"
"Then I guess you'll have to give me something else instead. GIVE ME MONEY!"
"I don't even have enough money to buy my own shoelaces."
"Then give me your shoe."
"How are you going to tie them when they have no shoelaces?"
"Do they have soles?"
"Yes, they actually do have a sole."
"Bless your poor soul."
"Now go collect that cashier's wallet. She's been a bitch to me."

    Just as when Trent was going towards the cashier, a loud crash from Rezzy's right was heard. When Rezzy turned to see what it was, a car had crashed into the side of the store, as even more panic aroused amongst the shoppers in the store themselves. "Hey, that car looks familiar," Rezzy said. He dashed over towards the wreckage of the car. Through the hole of the damaged wall, Rezzy took notice of the streetlights giving light towards the car and saw that the color of the car was red. "HEY, SAILOR!" yelled the guy from inside the car, looking at Rezzy. "Um... Hey there," Rezzy responded.
"Do you remember me? I gave you a ride to this dump store."
"And your ride just crashed into the dump."

Chapter 4: "Uh huh... The fourth chapter."
    "Why am I even talking to you?!", Rezzy asked. "You just crashed your whole car into the freaking building, and you act as if you don't care about it! YOU COULD'VE DIED!" "Oh," the driver said to Rezzy, "I knew that." Just as Rezzy was about to say something, Trent came walking towards the two. "You," he said, pointing to the driver, "put your wallet in the garbage bag. Now!" "Or else?", the driver said.
"Or else I'm gonna, um... uh..."
"Force us to dance Gangnam style?", Rezzy said satirically.
"What?", both, the driver and Trent asked in confusion.
"Ugh...," Rezzy facepalmed. "You two have no idea what we find entertaining in this generation, don't you?"
"What's the point of all this again?", the driver asked.
"Look," Trent said, "all I'm asking is for you to put your wallet into the bag. Wait... Why did you wrecked your car into the building anyways?"
"Well," the driver began to explain, "I gave this young fellow a ride to the store," he said, pointing to Rezzy. "After I dropped him off, I decided to park my car in the lot while I wait for him to exit the store."
"But you never told me anything like, "I'll be here to pick you up,"" Rezzy pointed out.
"Ah," the driver said, "that is true."
"So how would I know you would pick me up when I exit the store?"
"Well, you obviously had no other source of transportation. My plan was to pull up next to you and offer a ride home."
"stalker," Rezzy whispered.
"Stalker? Sure. After, I'm just trying to help out the community," the driver said, taking his wallet out of his pocket. "You want my wallet, sir?" the driver asked Trent. "That'd be greatly appreciated," Trent said, "but you never told me why you crashed your car into the building."
"Ah," te driver said, "that is true. "Shortly after I parked my car, I saw two guys dressed in black walk into the store just after I saw the blackout occur. I got a little concerned, so I decided to try to enter the store to see what's all the comotion about. Turned out, the doors were locked, as I heard the sound of locks on the doors."
"And that gives you the right to crash your whole fucking car into the building, rather than calling 911 for help?", Trent snarled.
"Actually, I really don't need to dial 911, unless I need backup," the driver responded.
"Backup?", both, Rezzy and Trent asked.
"Oh, I guess I haven't told ya'll."

    The driver then opened his wallet and asked Trent to shed some light on it. As soon as he did, a glare from the driver's badge's glare temporarily blinded Trent, having to look away for a few seconds. "Wait...," Rezzy said. "You're telling me that you're an undercover cop? I still don't see why you crashed your car into the store when you could've simply called for backup!" "Ah," the driver said, "that is true, but that's a company car. I don't personally own it. That's just what the police force gave me for my job. Plus, I have insurance to get this all fixed up, and on top of that, I don't like Toyotas... Now," he turned to Trent, "put your hands behind your back. You're being arrested for robbery with... a, um... flashlight."
"ARE YOU TEABAGGING MY BALLS?!", Trent complained. "NO! I DON'T WANT TO GO TO JAIL! MY MOMMA'S GONNA WHOOP MY ASS!"
"FUCK THIS," Rezzy panicked, "I'M OUTTA HERE!"
Just as Rezzy ran through the giant hole in the wall, he started to hear gunshots from the inside of the store. Rezzy ran out, not wanting to look back. He was only about five miles away from home, but he could barely run one mile in thirteen minutes. You do the math... That'd take about an hour and five minutes for Rezzy to arrive back home. It's 11 PM now. I'm pretty sure Rezzy's parents are worried about his well being now.

    About halfway into Rezzy's frantic run home, he saw a white car pulled over to the side of the road. A person got out of the car who was appearing to be riding in the passenger seat. Turned out, it was the driver, but I guess he's not the driver in this case, as he simply wasn't driving at the time. "Hey sailor!", he said to Rezzy, "Need a ride?" "Eh, sure...," Rezzy replied. The two then entered the car. Rezzy was then taken home, after he told the driver of the car where he lived. "Never will I hitchhike again," he told the guys in the car before he was dropped off to his house.

So there you guys have it. One of the many tales of Rezzy Leon, except this one took place on October 30th, because October 31st would be too cliche for a Halloween story. What's the moral of this whole story? Remember to tie your shoes.

© 2012 Anthony Romero, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment